THE LOST TAPES Vol.41: the rejects

coolness wears off with routine
same thing with beauty
we are all so uninteresting
when comes the time to accept
that billions of others lived before we lived
and died before we died 

***

gotta start talking to other girls
my girls have nothing new to say
I know so much about so little people
it’s unfair 

***

we could’ve been somebody
instead you had to tell somebody
and now I feel like you don’t need me anymore 

***

big front teeth
like a rabbit’s
why does that attract me?
country girls are so fun
stereotypes are not
like the kind of girl to not worry about being boyish
they’re the best kind of comedian
like that one woman shaped like a bong
that talks about bullying other kids
you know who else has nice teeth?
alfred morose
and all the emos that died with myspace 

***

   He talked and talked
   Gesticulating all around
   While she watched
   Clearly uninterested
   His energetic eyes looking through hers 

   Someone died yesterday
   She wasn’t in the mood
for all this meaningless chatter
   The world was opaque
   And she still had to serve ice cream

***

I feel left out, I don’t see how
my whole life can change in one weekend
I can’t see my own reflection
I don’t see how you’ve been let down 

***

left on read
a wet mess
of tears, spit and blood 

***

   My simple actions
   Won’t result in your simple reactions
   So what’s the use of this simplistic teenage love
   When you already know how I truly feel about you? 

   You know me way too well for these negligent surprises
   And I can see you’d do better with the true form of my heart
   Cracking open and spilling tar all over you
   In significant action. In something more than just love 

   Can’t wait to talk to you again tonight
   And be surprised by how much of you is still left to uncover
   Such complexity! Such brilliant reflection of me
   You so you, me inside your cycle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LOST TAPES Vol.49: ruination in foreign terror

Just another special day

THE LOST TAPES Vol.50: nothing special