Skinhead Girl

   I love you
and I love the hair on your arms and knuckles
and how you never look happy
   I love when I catch you at the barber shop
and you’re sitting next to me
and I can see the thin strands of your facial hair from up close
   I love your sideburns and I love your moustache
also how your eyebrows are all thick
and connected, and make your face so expressive 

   I love your tribal tattoo on the biceps
and how your lips never glisten
so the curvature of your hips and their synergy with your shoulders
   You’re so small and so incredibly fragile
with no woes to inspire pity
always ready for an act of cowardice 

   Show your claws with the automatic
   Make me feel like a stupid bat
   Laugh at me, 6 feet under, blare my organs for juice 

   I love you, but I love you more when you’re looking at me
   Your eyes don’t deserve to be so green
or your skin so sensitive to the sun
   Everybody can see you’re allergic to the silver of your links
and that you like me
at least enough to shed a sneaky smile
from the corner of your mouth
all because you remember, when you look into my eyes
how it felt to beat up that guy last night 

[Balden your head,
skinhead girl.
Let it all grow,
let the blues flow,
we’re all animals.
Flask in the doc martens.
C’mon, put on that 7”,
let’s shake this place,
let's do some stomping!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LOST TAPES Vol.49: ruination in foreign terror

Just another special day

THE LOST TAPES Vol.50: nothing special