THE LOST TAPES Vol.6

Lost tape
Date rape
The cum I scrape 

Long time
Built shrine
He’s mine 

No more
I’m sore
Hurt in the core 

***

Bald lady at the window again
This time, I wave
Window still open 

***

Warm sun through haze
Skin burning and red
“Shit, where’s the rain?”
“Where’s your sunscreen?” 

***

The stability of the moving box
Brings an uncertainty to what is factual,
Mysterious magic of movement
In the cars and motorcycles, and roller skates.
And I still remember the day I discovered flight
For a hole on the ground threatened to
Throw my life away for a few moments of marvel
And destroy, once and for all, my magical desire of movement. 

Urban mobility frightens my heart for
Doesn’t matter the size, doesn’t matter the speed
It all runs on magic, mysterious magic of which
Our knowledge is barely speculation.
At any moment of any day, anyone could lose a tooth, or a limb, or their lives
For putting their most valuable possession on the line
And trusting the factual uncertainty of movement.

***

Broken benches and lampposts
Vandalized statues and buildings.
My lazy ass look at it all
My heart doesn’t flinch. 

What’s wrong with young people
And their burning desire to change the world?
What’s up with vandalizing
And this disturbing way of leaving your mark? 

I wonder if one day they’ll make a statue of me
If one day I’ll be worth making a statue of.
Maybe I’ll make one myself.
Call it art. 

Do statues count si à l’intérieur?
Is there a model of me in someone’s mind?
Vandals of the heart, no, I mean hearth.
Hot burning furnace. Moloch, metropolis. 

***

   “You’ll do great things in the future”, said the old man sat beside me on the bench.
   “Why do you say that?”, I question.
   “Our literature is dead. We live of the past. But I want my great grandchildren to know there’s still hope when one of their peers is building their name as a Messiah.”
   “I’m not good enough to be a Messiah.”
   “No one is at your age, but you still have time to grow.”
   “No, many were. I’m no genius, I’m no Messiah, I don’t want this kind of weight on my shoulders.”
   “Yet. You’re too naive to understand how special you are.”
   I couldn’t say anything after that, neither did he, we both knew that was final.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LOST TAPES Vol.49: ruination in foreign terror

Just another special day

THE LOST TAPES Vol.50: nothing special