THE LOST TAPES Vol.11

[ENG/PT] 

when the wooden planks warm up to the warmth of your body
what other freshness can be found in a hot summer day
that can help you ignore your own existence 

***

A flock of youth at a bench in the park
The leader plays the guitar
While I sit here on another bench
Pulling strings of inaudible bass
With only wind and leaves to keep me company 

A funny thought flies through my head
What if I had a couple plovers on me too
And played audible bass
For the wind to carry, for the liberty of the self
And a purple-haired girl moved her head back and forth like jamming to Sonic Youth 

Come closer now and I’ll take off your jeans
Shake off your flesh, wrench out your tongue
Uselessness of a doll’s life like the root of your cancer
To maintain the chaos and give posterity confusion
Discover the truth of five minutes ago in the next technology 

Russians rape women in the dark dead-end
Every broke pothead have thought of selling their off-white fridge
Corrupt politicians are dictators of the new world
No celebrity comes from something I couldn’t do
Uncomfortable heavy boots hurt my feet in the day-long pilgrimage 

***

vampire slut whore night club
charming edge of decency
only the abyss to see ahead 

***

And on this day
A new me was born
Onto a wind
From the eye of my former self 

And as the almighty looks down upon me
So do I look down to my own body
And see nothing but a breathing carcass
Inside which sparkles a crude dark light 

Nobody told me to come in
So I did not
And stayed still on the porch
As the dust covered my body whole 

***

   “BYE, PAM!” The little girl shouted
   “BYE, SWEETIE!” The woman shouted back, 20ft away
   And the mom, sat on the dirty sidewalk of an abandoned clothing store, holding a sleeping baby, said to her daughter
   “You know, sweetheart, she’s the one that’s been helping us. She told Santa to bring that dolly for you.” 

***

Temos grama barata e ratos, dizia o muro
E logo a frente podia-se ler na placa de pare: orau 

***

A falha do concreto
Como a falha do concreto
Da vida útil e da quebra
Do que já foi certo
Mas tão indefeso à força do tempo
Quanto eu e você

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LOST TAPES Vol.49: ruination in foreign terror

Just another special day

THE LOST TAPES Vol.50: nothing special