A tale about being a grown up on a rainy day

   Once upon a time there was this girl, bored at home. All she wanted to do is go outside and play at the new park that opened up, but the heavy rain would not let up.
   “What am I supposed to do now that you hate me?” She asked to the sky. “Can’t you even give me a few minutes of peace to try my new shoes in the muddy puddles?”
   And a loud thunder was heard, before the rain began to fall as strong as rain can fall, and the winds blew as strong as wind can blow. The  raindrops changed directions from side to side until they found a way into the covered balcony where the girl was.
   “Really, dude?” She questioned the sky once more. “You won’t even let me in my own balcony?” 

   Grumpy as she was only rarely, the girl decided to look for something fun to do inside the apartment, but she could only find piles and piles of boring paper. Books, manuscripts, newspapers and magazines occupied the entirety of the floor and tables.
   “What good is paper when you’re bored?” She asked herself, but the answer for the rhetorical question did not come.
   A better look around made the girl take notice of the television, her sole companion for the past few days, and although she'd already grew tired of him, there didn't seem to be another option.
   “Monsieur Telé, would you like to play with me, or are you too busy not being alive?” She asked the television.
   “I think I’m too cool for you, Anastasia. I have not demanded your company”, the television responded in the cold and impersonal tone the covered black mirror could ever portray.
   “Then I’ll come back later. Thanks for the attention and good luck in your endeavors.”
   And off she went to another room in search of what to do in that tedious rainy day. 

   In the kitchen she found her favorite wooden spoon, looking as woody and spoony as ever.
   “Demoiselle Spoony, you’re looking mighty fine today. Did you do something with your hair?” The girl asked, but there was no reply. “Do you want to play with me?”
   “I’m doing my nails right now, dork,” said the spoon, drowning in the pool of her own ego. “Why don’t you go in the rain and play with your stinky, wet, stray dogs?”
   “I’ll leave you to your spa day, then. Let me know later when you’re ready for our movie night.”
   And off she went to another room in search of what to do in that tedious rainy day. 

   In the bathroom she found the frame of her old broken mirror. It looked empty and meaningless, of such emptiness and meaninglessness that the girl thought twice before finally asking.
   “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, why do I hate me so?”
   But the mirror would not respond, it would not breath. The broken mirror was nothing more than a lifeless object in that apartment, and the girl did not get an answer back. 

   Hopeless as to find someone to play with, she then went back to the balcony. The rain was still there, getting everything wet.
   “What am I supposed to do now?” She asked to the sky, but not even a thunder came to answer. There was no answer. She was alone. Completely alone in a tedious rainy day.
   The girl sat in the wet chair and let the raindrops fall on her face, which gave her an idea, so she asked.
   “What about you, rain? Do you want to play with me?”
   The raindrops were happy to include her in their game, and she could feel the hundreds upon hundreds of pats and high fives hitting all over her body. There she knew very well what she was supposed to do next.
   The girl grabbed her raincoat and, even with an already runny nose, ran downstairs to the street, to feel the rain hitting the plastic coat, to laugh and be happy as the only human soul in that empty street. The girl found a play mate, and did not hesitate to run to her soon to be new favorite park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LOST TAPES Vol.49: ruination in foreign terror

Just another special day

THE LOST TAPES Vol.50: nothing special